Yesterday a picture of an Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey keychain suddenly popped up that more or less confirmed the existence of a new part. The key ring, together with the subtitle, also gave a clear hint to the setting and that corresponds with a rumor from March. Namely the game will play in Greece.
Ubisoft decided – for a change – not to stop for a while and to announce the game right away. This through a teaser trailer, which you have been able to view earlier today. Now that the setting has been confirmed by Ubisoft, the details below are very credible.
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey details
These details were placed on 4Chan before the official announcement. Whether it is 100% accurate is unclear as the source can not be traced. Nevertheless it all sounds very logical, but take it for a moment with a grain of salt.
- The game takes place during the Flavian dynasty in Greece.
- The world consists of Macedonia, Achaea, Epirus, Thrace, Asia and the Aegean and Ionian Seas.
- There are two playable characters, but you can only select one per playthrough.
- Each character has their own story, but these stories will overlap here and there.
- Each character has different skills and a different form of Eagle Vision.
- The basis of the game is similar to that of Ghost Recon: Wildlands. To eliminate the main goal, you do not have to complete all other goals. For example, releasing 3 of the 6 areas should be sufficient.
- The characters should both have separate goals, except for the final goal, because the stories overlap.
- The Templars use the apple to suppress people for Vespasian.
- The game has many customization options that work as in Assassin’s Creed: Unity, but with many improvements.
- The fraternity system returns.
- The renovation system returns.
- The crafting has been substantially upgraded
- You will fight against mythical beasts and meet legendary ships at sea.
- The smoke grenades return.
- The weapon wheel returns.
- Naval gameplay returns big and has a lot of customization.
- There are many cosmetic options available for your ship and crew. Think of flags, sails, paint, crew, emblems and more.
- Some of these items are available via the virtual shop (micro-transactions?)
- A fleet system will be integrated where the player can give commands to AI ships
- Some missions and optional battles are aimed at the fleet.
- You can also upgrade the ships in your fleet.
- The player can blend into the environment, think of people, static objects, mounts and
- Many of them feature special animations that you also saw in the Discovery Tour (Assassin’s Creed: Origins)
- There is also a disguise system, similar to Assassin’s Creed: Unity.
- Players can recruit new crew members but they can also be bought. The same applies to the fraternity that people come to or on your ship or in your home base.
- You can recruit them through special missions as well as through chance encounters.
- If a region is liberated, you can renovate stores and buy landmarks. This generates an income and that is useful to upgrade your fleet, brotherhood and crew.
- Aya and Bayek have a role in the game.
- The game has resettable missions, for example in the form of locations to reset.  New Game Plus is not present, because players can not transfer anything from one character to another.
- There are moments in the present, but not much more than in Assassin’s Creed: Origins was the case.
During the E3 will make Ubisoft more known.