Sonos unveiled the Sonos Beam on Wednesday night. This is a compact soundbar that should be able to fill the room with sound. The broad speaker for television and music is on sale from July 17 for an amount of 449 euros. There is support for Apple AirPlay 2.
This is the Sonos Beam
Sonos has presented a soundbar that can handle virtually any streaming service: the Sonos Beam. The purpose of this speaker is to offer a good sound experience, regardless of the content you consume – from movies and TV shows to music and podcasts. The Beam supports more than fifty music services, Apple AirPlay 2 and multiple voice assistants in the future. Sonos Beam will be available worldwide for a price of 449 euros from 17 July and can already be booked on the Sonos website
Like all Sonos speakers, Beam is part of the Sonos home sound system , meaning owners can add two Sonos One speakers for surround sound, integrate a Sub for more bass or a Beam into their Sonos multiroom setup. You can operate it as follows: with the Sonos app, with apps from third parties such as Spotify, Audible, Pandora and Tidal, with smarthomadadgets such as wall switches, with existing remote controls and – in the future – with your voice.
Beam is in the US , the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Australia and soon France standard equipped with Amazon Alexa. Beam also supports other voice assistants when they become available on Sonos and will never require owners to use a specific streaming box or service. Sonos Beam was tuned by a team of acoustic engineers that collaborated with leading sound experts from the film, music and television world. That should result in an unprecedented sound experience, according to Sonos.
Beam produces an amazingly wide sound for a speaker of his size. The four custom elliptical full range woofers and three passive radiators give deep warm bass and provide superior performance in the mid frequencies, while a single tweeter provides crystal clear dialogues. Here are some useful features:
- With its sleek design and compact size, the versatile Beam is designed to fit on sideboards or TV sets mounted on the wall. Sonos Beam is only 65 centimeters wide and therefore does not cross the edge of your furniture, gives you a clear view of your TV and goes into space.
- Five far field microphones for advanced noise reduction and multi-channel echo suppression for music one home cinema content
- Beam has three connections: power, ethernet and HDMI ARC.
- Use the HDMI cable to connect Beam to the HDMI ARC output of the TV. If your TV does not support HDMI ARC, use the optical audio adapter to connect Beam to the optical-audio output of the TV.
- Available in black and white fabric with matt finish.
- Add of a video device such as Amazon Fire TV gives more possibilities to operate videos with your voice in the countries where Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Alexa are available on Sonos. In the future, you can ask Alexa for movies and TV shows from your favorite streaming services, get more information about a film director or increase the volume and more.
Price and availability
Sonos Beam will be available worldwide for a price of 449 euros and can already be booked on the Sonos website.