Home ยป Samsung remains the largest in the smartphone market in Q1 2021
News

Samsung remains the largest in the smartphone market in Q1 2021

The figures of Canalys show that the global smartphone market is doing better again. Compared to the first quarter of 2020, more smartphones were shipped in the first quarter of 2021. Samsung remains in the lead with 76.5 million units shipped. A growth of 28 percent compared to Q1 2020, but the market share remains the same at 22 percent. Apple continues to hold second place. The market share has grown one percent, which means that Apple has a market share of 15 percent.

Xiaomi is on the heels of Apple

However, Apple is being chased by the Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi with a market share of 14 percent. In Q1 2021, just over 3 million copies will be shipped between Apple and Xiaomi. For the Chinese manufacturer, this means the best quarter ever with a growth of 62 percent. It could just be that Xiaomi has overtaken Apple in the global smartphone market in the second quarter of 2021.

Oppo and Vivo in place 4 and 5

In fourth place we find Oppo, which has also experienced growth and has a market share of 11 percent. Oppo is closely followed by Vivo in fifth place with a market share of 10 percent. We don’t know Vivo as well here in Europe, but it is a popular smartphone brand in Asia.

These top five of the smartphone market have a market share of 72 percent. For the other manufacturers, a market share of 28 percent applies. Fewer smartphones have also been shipped by the other manufacturers. Below you will find Sony, Motorola, Nokia and LG, among others. LG is recently stopped with the smartphone market. We also find Huawei at the other manufacturers. Due to the ban on Google services, Huawei has dropped a lot worldwide, after it was almost as big as Samsung a few years ago.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment