Samsung brings Gaming Hub to TVs from 2022- The Samsung Gaming Hub is fully equipped for playing games in the cloud, regardless of the service you use. With the Hub, Samsung offers support for Xbox and PlayStation controllers, among other things, and bluetooth headsets can also be connected without any problems. The South Korean manufacturer wants to make gaming on a Samsung smart TV as simple and user-friendly as possible in this way.
Gaming Hub to TVs
Below is a list of all supported controllers.
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One S, Xbox 360, Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2, and Xbox Adaptive controllers
- Sony: DualSense and DualShock 4 controllers
- Google: Stadia controller
- Amazon: Luna controller
- Joytron: CYVOX DX controller
- Logitech: F710, F510, and F310 controllers
- PowerA: MOGA XP5-X Plus controller
- Nvidia: Shield controller
For now, the Gaming Hub is only available on 2022 Samsung televisions and monitors. The South Korean manufacturer gives the reason that the latest models have better hardware and can therefore decode incoming streams faster. The televisions and monitors are also equipped with optimized buffer technology, which means that the input lag can be reduced by 30 percent compared to older models.
Samsung has now released the Gaming Hub in the United States, Germany and France, among others. It is not yet clear when users in the Benelux can start using the service.