Active Alpha iQ speakers with BluOS make it easy to access PSB’s signature ‘True to Nature’ sound and let you use it with your favorite streaming services as well as traditional sources without fussing with cables. Both speakers feature integrated 180W amplification and a network streamer based on the award-winning BluOS multi-room platform.
Plug the speakers into power and connect the Alpha iQ to your home network using the simple BluOS Controller app. You don’t need anything else to be able to play music from more than 20 online streaming services and share music throughout the house using the network, to which you can add up to 63 other BluOS enabled devices. As well as Apple AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth compatibility, Alpha iQ has multiple source inputs, so you can connect them to a turntable, TV, CD player or game console.
PSB Alpha iQ keys
- 4” Mid-Bass driver in polypropylene with steel basket and rubber damping
- 0.75” aluminum dome tweeter with neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling
- Fully Active design with DSP crossover and dedicated amplifiers for each driver: 60 W for each woofer and 30 for each tweeter
- Tuned port and DSP bass extension for perfect low-frequency reproduction
- Low-latency wireless connection between the two speakers for cable-free setup
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Integrated streamer based on the award-winning BluOS multi-room music platform
- Native support for over 20 streaming services, including several that offer lossless Hi-Res Audio
- Music can be played on up to 63 BluOS enabled devices connected to the same home network
- Audiophile DAC with resolution up to 24-bit/192kHz
- MQA decoder and rendering capability for Hi-Res streaming from Tidal
- Compatible with Apple AirPlay 2 for iPhones, iPads and Macs
- Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- MM Phono, HDMI eARC, Optical and Auxiliary Input
- USB port to connect an external server with music files
- Subwoofer output with DSP managed high pass and low pass filters
- Compatible with Control4, Crestron, ELAN, RTI, and URC home automation control systems
- IR Learning capability to control Alpha iQ with compatible remotes
a world of music
PSB Alpha iQ are two wireless bookshelf speakers with built-in amplification that make up an all-in-one sound system for the streaming age. Forget about cables, because both speakers connect to each other via a wireless link with a range that covers all common room sizes, without latency or delays. So the music sounds in sync and clear no matter where you place the speakers.
The BluOS streamer built into Alpha iQ offers access to over 20 streaming services, including many that offer lossless encoded Hi-Res Audio, such as Amazon Music, Deezer, Idagio, Qobuz and Tidal. The Alpha iQ is compatible with Apple AirPlay 2, so sending sound from any iPhone, iPad or Mac is a breeze. The Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect features also make playback from these services instantaneous, even allowing you to queue up songs from those services, mixing them with those from other libraries.
Alpha iQ is equipped with an audiophile DAC that supports 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio, and features full MQA decoding as well as Hi-Res compatibility with Tidal. BluOS also gives you access to hundreds of internet radio stations from around the world, including Radio Paradiso, which brings you four MQA music stations.
With a modern and elegant design, Alpha iQ is available in Satin White and Satin Black. Inside each housing is a 4” steel-bass, rubber-damped mid-bass driver as well as a 0.75-inch aluminum dome, neodymium magnet tweeter with ferrofluid damping.
Alpha iQ features DSP-based active crossover. Like many PSB designs, the tweeter is located below the woofer. With this arrangement, the mix of frequencies emitted by both is consistent wherever you listen to them.
Each woofer has its own 60W Class D amplifier, and each tweeter has its own 30W Class D amplifier, for a total power of 180W. Thanks to their powerful amplifiers, tuned bass ports and DSP low-frequency extension, the PSB Alpha iQ loudspeakers deliver incredible bass output for their small size.
plug and play
Alpha iQs aren’t just for streaming. The master speaker has an integrated MM phono preamp and RCA jack inputs so vinyl lovers can connect a turntable. An HDMI ARC port will let you enjoy “True to Nature” sound on your TV. It also has an optical input to connect a CD player or a console, as well as a 3.5mm mini-jack auxiliary input to connect any analog sound source.
Bluetooth connectivity with high-quality aptX-HD compatibility enables Alpha iQ to stream wirelessly from smart devices. Use the BluOS app to play files stored on an external drive connected to the USB port on these speakers.
The dual optical jack allows you to connect headphones to listen to music without disturbing others. And if you still want more bass, it has a subwoofer output. When connecting a subwoofer, you can use the BluOS app to apply a low-pass filter to the sub and a high-pass filter to the main frequencies. This prevents Alpha iQ from reproducing the deepest bass, leaving it to the subwoofer.
Available for Android, iOS, macOS and Windows, the intuitive BluOS app puts you in control of all of Alpha iQ’s playback capabilities. Thanks to the accessible touch controls on the top of the master speaker you can adjust the volume and pause or start playback.
Additionally, PSB Alpha iQ loudspeakers can be integrated into home automation systems such as Control4, Crestron, ELAN, RTI, and URC. IR Learning will allow you to use your regular remote control to control the speakers.
PSB Alpha iQ are a new milestone for current wireless audiophile listening. It is the most beautiful sound made simple.
Specifications PSB Alpha iQ
- Frequency Response: On Axis @ 0° ±3dB: 64Hz-20kHz
- Low Frequency Cutoff -10dB: 35Hz
- Amplification (per speaker): Tweeter = 30 W, Woofer = 60 W
- Tweeter: 3/4” (19mm), Ferrofluid Aluminum Dome, Neodymium Magnet
- Woofer: 4” (100mm) Aluminum Cone, Rubber Damping, Steel Basket
- Design: Bass Reflex
- Inputs: Analog 3.5mm, Phono MM, BluOS, HDMI eARC, Optical, aptX™ HD Bluetooth (sink & source, 2-way)
- Shell: MDF
- Front baffle: MDF in aluminum
- Rear baffle: Aluminum
- Size: 145 x 246 x 192mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 7.36kg
- Finish: Matte Black, Matte White