PS Audio launched its AirLens music player, designed to deliver the ultimate sound quality from streaming audio sources. The new AirLens (MSRP: US$1,999.00) offers high-resolution streaming through Roon and services such as TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify, JRiver, and Audirvana, as well as from a NAS storage device or any DLNA-compatible server.
“The secret to AirLens’ exceptional sound quality is its galvanic isolation,” said Paul McGowan, CEO of PS Audio. “Eliminating the physical connection between the input and output stages eliminates unwanted noise that USB, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi can introduce. AirLens also perfectly readjusts the digital signal. The result is a notable improvement in resolution, timbral realism, and dynamics.”
PS Audio AirLens connects to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, providing coaxial and I2S digital outputs for connecting to a DAC. Typically, noise from any source, including a computer, long runs of Ethernet cable, EMI interference over Wi-Fi, and modems and routers, contribute to increased jitter and loss of fidelity. PS Audio’s galvanic isolation eliminates this sonic degradation by eliminating the electrical connection between the input and output stages, using only air as the interface. This ensures 100% isolation and noise-free delivery of digital audio signals. Additionally, the signal is re-synchronized at the output stage for pure, jitter-free digital audio.
Available in silver and black, AirLens offers PCM decoding up to 352.8 kHz and DSD up to 256 (4x). Its compact size and elegant design make integrating into any audio system easy. AirLens is manufactured with premium quality parts and construction like all PS Audio products.
AirLens features at a glance:
- Galvanic isolation from input to output eliminates network and Wi-Fi noise and delivers outstanding signal purity and sound quality
- Connects to a network via 10/100/1000 Ethernet or 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- I2S and coaxial digital outputs
- Delivers PCM up to 352.8 kHz/32-bit and native DSD up to 256 (4x, up to DSD 128 via coaxial output)
- DoP Operation (DSD over PCM)
- Supports TIDAL Connect (via Roon), Spotify Connect, connect, Qobuz (via Roon and connect), Dropbox (via Roon), MQA, DLNA 1.5 and UPnP A/V 1.0 Digital Media Renderer
- Available in silver or black