Pro-Ject record player- The Pro-Ject Metallica Limited Edition Turntable, as the record player is fully called, will be released this summer in a limited edition. According to the manufacturer, Metallica has deliberately chosen Pro-Ject to market a turntable. It is therefore not a dime-a-dozen turntable of dubious quality, as we often see with other models with a certain theme, but is really characterized by the quality where Pro-Ject known for.
The style of the band is reflected in the housing of the turntable. Not a boring square or rectangle, but the Metallica logo with a mirror finish on the top and a metal top plate. The other specifications also seem to be in order.
Technical features Metallica turntable/ Pro-Ject record player
- Pre-adjusted Pick it S2 C cartridge & SME headshell
- 8.6″ S-shape aluminum tonearm
- Tracking force & anti-skating fully adjustable
- Heavy MDF plinth in unique Metallica design
- Mirror finished, metal top plate
- Heavy glass platter & aluminum sub platter
- metal drive pulley
- Height-adjustable metal feet
- Precision belt drive with electronic speed control
- Premium semi-symmetrical phono cable with metal connectors
- Gold plated RCA connectors
- Speed: 33, 45/(78) (electronic speed change)
- Drive principle: belt drive with electronic speed control
- Dimensions: 430 x 120 x 430mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 4.5 kg
Price and availability
In July 2022, the Metallica Limited Edition Turntable from Pro-Ject will be available in a limited edition for 1,499 euros.