Stereo Integrated Amplifier with DAC Pro-Ject Maia S3
“Everything you need concentrated in a single device”. This is how the Austrian firm presents Pro-Ject Audio Systems the new generation of its celebrated stereo integrated amplifier with DAC MaiA (My Audio Integrated Amplifier), the Pro-Ject Maia S3, electronics conceived as an all-in-one solution for Hi-Fi systems. In the new MaiA, not only has the circuit design (double mono, low noise and executed with audiophile grade components) been completely revised, but also the cabinet has been significantly modified, using the brand new S3.
As a consequence of larger size of that enclosure with respect to its predecessor, Pro-Ject engineers were able to improve layout of the internal circuitry in order to minimize the influence of possible electromagnetic interference. A total of 8 tickets mean that the MaiA S3 can accept virtually any audio source, from turntables equipped with high-output moving-magnet or moving-coil cartridges to CD players like Pro-Ject’s own CD Box S3, as well as (via coaxial or optical input , in both cases at 24-bit/192 kHz quality) by digital sources such as a high-end television or CD transport mechanics.
With the MaiA S3 it is also possible stream music from a mobile device, simply by connecting the Bluetooth 5.0 input compatible aptX HD and enjoy this mode a equivalent sound quality at 24 bits/48 kHz, ie higher than that of a CD. Also, the new MaiA includes versatile output options, from headphones to speakers, while a variable level line output allows the addition of a subwoofer or other power amplifier in our equipment. As always at Pro-Ject, the MaiA S3 is fully designed and built in Europe.
- Integrated stereo amplifier with USB-DAC.
- Exceptional price/quality ratio.
- Executed with high quality components.
- Double monophonic circuit topology.
- Phono circuitry compatible with moving magnet and moving coil cartridges.
- High-precision D/A conversion with 24-bit/192kHz technology.
- Headphone jack; variable output for subwoofer or an extra amplifier.
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity with aptX HD (up to 24-bit/48kHz).
- 5 analog inputs, 3 digital inputs and 1 Bluetooth input.
- Power of 2×23 W RMS at 8 ohms or 2×40 W RMS at 4 ohms.
- 2×75mW 32 ohm headphone amplifier.
- Frequency response of 20-20,000 Hz, <-0.5 dB.
- Full metal construction -aluminum- with the new S3 chassis.
- Dimensions: 206x55x153 mm (WxHxD).
- Weight: 1,070 g (without power supply).