Nvidia has announced that the Experience 7.0 update, based on Android Oreo, is now being rolled out again for the Nvidia Shield. The update was previously retrieved because of an annoying error, but is now being rolled back to all users of the media device.
Download Android Oreo for Nvidia Shield
Manufacturer Nvidia has announced that everyone with the media player at home now has the Android Oreo can be downloaded in the form of Experience 7.0 for the Nvidia Shield media player with Android TV. The update was previously recalled due to a number of issues but the manufacturer promises that those problems are now resolved. This update brings a large number of changes, including a new home screen, several new applications, bundled games and much more.
The complete changelog (in English):
- A Brand New Home Screen: All your entertainment is now in one place with Android 8.0 Oreo. Live TV, video-on-demand, streaming media, and games – it’s all there and it’s fully customizable!
- Favorite Apps: You choose the apps and the order! Hold the Select button on an app to move it. To access all your apps, hold the Home button or select the red Apps icon.
- Play Next: Continue where you left off in TV shows, movies, and games. To add content to Play Next, navigate to the content and hold the Select button. Note: Not all apps support Play Next
- Channels: Discover new entertainment from your favorite apps. You choose the channels and the order. Navigate left on a channel to move or remove it. Note: Not all apps support Channels
- Apps are TV Channels: Organize your favorite apps into a “TV guide” style layout. See:
- Amazon Prime Video Gets a Big Update: Discovering new shows has never been easier with the new Prime Video user interface. New features include the ability to add and remove shows to your Watchlist and more.
- PLEX Media Server Expands Storage Options: Your server’s app data (metadata, background art, and more) can now be moved to USB storage devices. From the PLEX app, go to Settings> Plex Media Server> Storage Location.
- Watch Live Sports with ESPN +: Live on ESPN without a cable plan. The ESPN + subscription service is now available on the ESPN app.
- Enjoy YouTube Red Originals in 4K Ultra HD on YouTube TV: Watch original series like Cobra Kai in 4K. Plus, enjoy your live sports in full HD 60FPS for live action gameplay in top channels like CBS and NBC.
- FandangoNOW Offers Huge Selection of Movies in 4K Ultra HD: You can watch the newest movies including Black Panther in stunning 4K Ultra HD
- Enjoy the New SmartThings Hub Update: Certain automations that control Zigbee and Z-wave devices can now run without cloud processing, leading to faster response time.
- Watch CNBC: Stream CNBC’s business news, financial information, and market data or log in with your TV service provider CNBC Live’s primetime shows like Mad Money, Closing Bell, and Shark Tank.
- Watch Dish Network: SHIELD is now your Dish Network cable with the Dish Anywhere app. Access live TV, recorded shows, or on-demand movies.
- Discover your Dream Home: Search for new homes and view immersive photos and video walkthroughs on your big screen TV.
- What’s New on Google Assistant: Google Assistant Adds 6 New Voices
- Open Settings -> Preferences on the Google Assistant app on your phone.
- New smart home partners:
- Arlo cameras
- Emerson Sensi
- Ikea Tadfri
- LG Smart Appliances
- Scenes support for Phillips Hue
- New services:
- Dunkin ‘Donuts
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide
- New games:
- Shadowgun Legends
- The latest monthly Android security updates
- Quick access to Settings when you’re back on the Back button
- Support for high polling rate gaming mice for NVIDIA GameStream
- Improved support for game controllers:
- Customize SHIELD controller thumbstick dead zones (Settings-> Apps-> Input viewer)
- Xbox 360 and DualShock 4 v2 controllers
- DualShock 4 controllers using USB wireless adapter
- Adds “Connect” option to re-pair disconnected Bluetooth accessories (Settings-> Accessories)
- Ability to connect to Wi-Fi without disconnection Ethernet (Settings-> Network-> Ethernet)
- General stability fixes on SHIELD remote (2017) and controller (2017)
- Latest accessory firmware versions:
- SHIELD controller (2017): v1.24
- SHIELD controller (2015): v1.96 / 99 / 3.71 / 0.32
- SHIELD remote (2017): v1.33
- SHIELD remote (rechargeable) : v.1.30
Android TV on the Nvidia Shield now presents your app list at the top of the screen. You can change the order of these apps by holding down an app and then moving it. Below is Play Next, with suggestions for what you can now watch or play. In addition, there is better integration with smarthomeproducts, for example Arlo and LG, and you get games such as Shadowgun Legends and Chrashlands completely free. Unfortunately, the security update stuck on the month of May.
Great news – SHIELD Upgrade Experience 7.0 is rolling out today for all users. If you do not receive a push notification, you can manually check for updates under Settings> About> System Updates. Thank you for your patience! https://t.co/ar6VZcMzDY
– NVIDIA SHIELD (@nvidiashield) June 27, 2018