The Apertura Forté speaker cabinet finally provides an answer to the frustration of many owners of limited but high quality power amps such as tubes or Class A electronics.
It is the end of the commitment.
Forté has a high sensitivity, extension and control of the low register like never before.
It also benefits from the well-known qualities of Aperture: timbre fidelity, very high linearity, and three-dimensional recreation of the soundstage. All this in a compact, discreet and elegant design.
Forté is suitable for rooms of at least 25-30 m². Since the large diameter ventilation tube is located on the rear panel, it is recommended to place the speaker at a distance of 50 to 60 cm from the rear wall, if possible.
- Two 18 cm mid/woofers with light paper cones, filled with reed fibers.
- Long voice coil for high linear excursion.
- Fabric dome tweeter from the “Ring Radiator” family.
- Very powerful neodymium magnetic circuit for high sensitivity.
- Very linear tread thanks to the profile of the screen and the rear shock chamber.
- Patented “DRIM” structure with triple attenuation slopes and phase control across the full bandwidth.
- Jantzen High-End Components: Heavy-gauge baked-in inductors; polypropylene capacitors
- Each set of drive units (tweeter and mid/woofers) is individually measured and the filter values are adjusted according to the measurements of these sets.
- Hand-wired on a 140 µm thick copper PCB.
- Filter structure optimized to avoid magnetic interference between components.
- Internal wiring with 2.5 mm² OFC copper cable.
- This model uses Apertura’s very specific cabinet shape: two curved sides of different length and no parallel front and back panels.
- Laminar structure based on multiple thin layers molded under pressure.
- Such a process creates modes of rupture and limits the propagation of vibrations.
- Minimum thickness of the panels: 25 mm.
- Multi-cavity internal frame (4 heavy reinforcement panels) to stiffen the structure and create very specific areas where damping materials can be applied.
- Very extensive treatment of the internal volume to cancel any standing waves. Three different materials are used for this.
- Mechanical grounding: a central cone placed on the axis of the center of gravity improved the transfer of vibrations to the ground.
- 3 different standard finishes available: Satin: American walnut; High gloss: piano black, white