A device containing two fully balanced phono preamplifiers
The new balance reference phono was developed especially for vinyl enthusiasts, with fully independent phono inputs for connecting moving coil and moving magnet cartridges. It gives you complete freedom to select balanced (XLR) or single-ended (RCA) inputs and outputs with the full flexibility to match the input impedance for most cartridges.
The sophisticated volume and input circuitry can be accessed with the supplied remote control. The high-performance design provides 2 headphone connections. A dual mono power supply housed in its own dedicated aluminum chassis ensures the highest sound quality.
The balance reference phono is truly a world class phono preamp for analog aficionados.
- MODE: MM / MC switchable (at the bottom); Switchable Subsonic Filter @20Hz (-18dB/Oct) (on bottom); Stereo/Mono switchable
- AMPLIFICATION: +46dB (MM mode); +66dB (MC mode)
- INPUT LOAD: 50kΩ / 50pF (MM mode and MC mode); +150pF, +270pF, +400pF (MM mode); 10kΩ, 5kΩ, 1000Ω, 500Ω, 100Ω, 50Ω (MC mode)
- RIAA ACCURACY: ±0.1dB @ 20Hz – 100kHz
- THD: <0.001% (IEC A)
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO : – 89dB @ 5mV/MM mode (IEC A); – 79dB @ 500uV / MC mode (IEC A)
- MAX OUTPUT VOLTAGE: > 12V
- RIAA: 75 μs / 318 μs / 3180 μs, 2 passive filters
- CHANNEL SEPARATION: > 95dB @ 1kHz (IEC A)
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 150Ω (balanced XLR); 75Ω (RCA unbalanced)
- INPUTS: unbalanced (RCA), balanced (XLR)
- OUTPUTS: unbalanced (RCA), balanced (XLR), headphone output (2 × Jack: 6.3 mm)
- POWER CONSUMPTION: Max. consumption: 12 watts; Standby: < 0.5 watts; Off mode: 0.0 watts (when turning off at the rear of the machine)
- POWER SUPPLY: 2x ± 18V DC (external power supply 2x ± 21 V DC), cable length 1.4 m
- TOTAL PREAMPLIFIER WEIGHT: Approx. 2.9kg
- TOTAL WEIGHT POWER SUPPLY: Approx. 2.2kg
- PREAMPLIFIER DIMENSIONS (Width/Depth/Height) Approx. 240 × 145 × 78mm (158mm deep with RCA
- POWER SUPPLY DIMENSIONS: (Width/Depth/Height) Approx. 240×145×78mm