- Retro design elements, including satin Walnut casing, front panel VU meters, push-button controls, ’70s-style cursive brand logo, and dark gray finish
- Limited Edition: Only 1,972 units will be released, all numbered, as a reference to the year NAD Electronics was born.
- HybridDigital UcD Amplifier
- Continuous Power: 100W per channel at 8/4 Ohm
- Peak power: 135W per channel
- Surprisingly low harmonic and intermodular distortion
- Modular MDC2 technology for expanded functionality
- Pre-installed MDC2 BluOS-D module, enabling Multiroom Hi-Res BluOS streaming and Dirac Live room correction
- The MDC2 BluOS-D module offers access to more than 20 online streaming services, including several that offer high-resolution lossless sound.
- Compatible with Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Voice control via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri
- High-performance TI PCM5242 differential DAC with 32-bit/384kHz resolution
- MM phono stage with ultra-low noise infrasonic filter
- Coaxial input and optical input
- HDMI eARC input
- Low noise buffered analog line input set
- Outputs for Speaker A/Speaker B
- Qualcomm aptX HD two-way Bluetooth
- Subwoofer output
- Dedicated headphone amplifier
- IR remote control and calibration microphone for Dirac Live setup included
- Compatible with Custom installations – IR command, 12V trigger output, IR input
- Easy integration with smart home systems like Control4, Crestron, RTI, URC, Lutron, and Elan
Created to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of NAD, a firm born in 1972, the C 3050 LE Stereo Amplifier pays homage to the NAD 3030, a classic from the 70s. Its retro design elements include a satin Walnut casing, dual VU meters, push buttons and the original NAD logo in cursive.
Beneath its vintage exterior lies 21st-century power technology with a HybridDigital UcD amplifier delivering 100W per channel, a high-performance Texas Instruments PCM5242 DAC, and advanced features like BluOS High-Res multiroom streaming and Direct Live room correction.
The C 3050 LE is a limited edition. To commemorate the founding year of NAD, only 1972 units of this device will be created, and all of them will be numbered on the rear panel.
For half a century NAD has stood for exceptional reproduction, leading innovation, unbeatable value for money and ease of use. The C 3050 LE is true to that tradition. Using the HybridDigital UcD amplification technology so perfected by NAD, the C 3050 LE can deliver 100W per channel of continuous power with peaks of up to 135W per channel. This achieves perfect, strain-free music reproduction with a neutral, distortion-free sound even at high volumes. The level of detail is exquisite, the recreation of the fascinating space and the dynamics will excite you.
The digital section is supported by Texas Instruments’ PCM5242 high-performance differential DAC, a model that stands out for its excellent dynamics and very high clock jitter tolerance. This premium DAC enables the C 3050 LE to play from any digital source with stunning musicality, stunning clarity and recreating a holographic acoustic image.
The C 3050 LE has all the aesthetic features of the 3030 stereo amplifier. Featuring an open-grain Walnut enclosure, the C 3050 LE has a dark gray front panel with the original New Acoustic Dimension logo, which stands for NAD; Dual VU meters and push buttons for source selection. On the back of each device is a unique numbered plate.
made for the future
The C 3050 LE incorporates the latest generation of Modular Design Construction technology, which is proof against obsolescence. With MDC2, users can add new features by installing MDC2 modules in a slot on the back of the device. MDC2 is a completely new design that allows bidirectional communication between the expansion module and the main device.
The C 3050 LE comes pre-installed with the MDC2 BluOS D module. This module adds Dirac Live room correction functionality and BluOS high-resolution multiroom streaming to the C 3050 LE’s features.
tailored to the room
The weakest link in sound equipment is often the listening environment. With a calibrated microphone and an app for mobile devices or computers, Dirac Live performs live tests using the speakers of the equipment, analyzes the acoustics of the room and then generates a correction filter to compensate for problems such as stationary indas or reflected sound. .
The result is final. With Dirac Live enabled you’ll enjoy punchier bass, improved clarity, and more accurate imaging and tonal accuracy. Thanks to the MDC2 module with bidirectional communication, Dirac Live can be applied to all sources connected to the C 3050 LE.
a world of music
The MDC2 BluOS-D module built into the C 3050 LE gives you access to virtually all music ever recorded using BluOS, the most advanced hi-res multi-room streaming system. The module connects to the Wi-Fi or wired to the home network. Thanks to the intuitive BluOS app it is possible to connect to more than 20 online streaming services, including several that offer lossless encoded Hi-Res audio. These include Amazon Music Ultra-HD, Deezer, Qobuz, and Tidal.
You can also access thousands of internet radio stations through the BluOS app or play music from your digital library. Like all BluOS-enabled devices, the C 3050 LE supports 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution audio. It also features MQA decoding with rendering capabilities for studio-quality playback from Tiida.
You can select the music in the app on those services and then simply send it to the C 3050 LE. You can even control playback by voice using Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri. An IR remote is also included for complete control options.
All over the house
With the MDC2 BluOS-D installed, the C 3050 LE can be part of a sound system that encompasses the whole house, including up to 64 zones, all with independent sources and volume control. You can play music in different zones, or group zones together to more easily control them simultaneously. The bidirectional architecture of the MDC2 modules allows you to stream any source connected to the C 3050 LE through the BluOS ecosystem, sending it to devices that are playing in other rooms.
With its wide range of analog and digital inputs, the C 3050 LE integrated amplifier can be easily connected to all your sound sources. The C 3050 LE features an ultra-low noise phono stage for connection to a turntable, as well as analog, digital coaxial and optical digital line level inputs. It also features HDMI eARC input for connecting to HDTVs, allowing the device to function as the cornerstone of a two-channel stereo or 2.1 home theater setup.
In addition to the two sets of speaker terminals, the C 3050 LE has a dedicated headphone amplifier and subwoofer output. The C 3050 LE also features two-way Bluetooth aptX HD, so you can stream music to the amp from your mobile device or send the sound from it to your Bluetooth headphones. The pre-out/main-in connections allow you to use the C 3050 LE solely as a preamplifier and use another power amplifier. For custom integrators, it has a 12V trigger output and an IR input.
The piece of a legacy
The NAD C 3050 LE stereo amplifier honors the past while embracing the future. Its 1970s-inspired design brings back pieces that helped a generation of audiophiles discover all that great audio has to offer. Its advanced technology gives you features that no audiophile half a century ago could have dreamed of.
Specifications NAD C 3050 LE
Main input, speaker output
- Continuous Power @ 4/8 Ohm: 100W (ref. 20Hz-20kHz at measured THD, both channels)
- THD (20 Hz – 20 kHz) <0.03% (250 mW to 100 W, 8 ohms and 4 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio >95dB (A-weighted, 500 mV input, ref. 1 W out in 8 ohms)
- Clipping power >115 W (at 1 kHz 0.1 % THD)
- IHF dynamic power 8 ohms: 180 W, 4 ohms: 250 W, 2 ohms: 300 W
- Peak power current >20A (in 1 ohm, 1 ms)
- Frequency response ±0.3 dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Channel Separation >75dB (1kHz) >70dB (10kHz)
- Input Sensitivity (for 100 W in 8 ohms) 540 mV
- Digital: -6dBFS
Size and weight
- Size (W x H x D) 435 x 110 x 355mm
- Net weight: 10kg