Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista PRE Stereo Preamplifier
New flagship of Musical Fidelity’s stereophonic preamps, the Nu-Vista PRE is a spectacular electronics which concentrates all the know-how of the prestigious British firm in the treatment of audio signals from line sources. equipped with a opulent power supply dedicated that is housed in a separate attractive block and responds to the name Nu-Vista PRE PSUthe Nu-Vista PRE builds on the extraordinary and widely tested circuitry used in the Nu-Vista 800 model. This means that it includes a fully balanced topology in which the presence, in the input section, of an amplification stage based on nuvistors (the complex and unique device that gives its name to the Musical Fidelity reference series) 6S51N and configured in Class A.
This topology is complemented by a high precision balanced attenuator so that both at low and high volume levels the realism of the stereophonic image remains intact. Nu-Vista PRE’s status as a product created without compromise is also reflected in a extreme forcefulness in its exit section equipped with a pair of “mini power steps” (the equivalent of 50 watts, an exceptionally high figure for a preamp) also set to Class A. This achieves maximize parameters as relevant in life-size music reproduction as are the punch and dynamic rangeall accompanied by extraordinarily low background noise and distortion.
It should also be noted a generous reserve of energy through audiophile-grade, high-capacity capacitorsto which are added choke coils in order to improve the ripple of the power signal and reduce current peaks. Identical level of requirement exhibits the power supply Nu-Vista PRE PSUpresented in an imposing independent metal enclosure in which, in addition to the power supply circuitry itself, have included filter networks for both incoming and outgoing signal. Thanks to this design, it is possible to further increase the level of silence of the different power supply lines, the result being the virtual elimination of artifacts present in the network signal that could affect sensitive audio circuitry. Musical Fidelity’s new benchmark stereo preamp is complete with a sleek remote control precision machined from a solid block of metal.
- Absolute reference stereophonic preamplifier.
- Dedicated Nu-Vista PRE PSU power supply in a separate block.
- Equipped with eight 6S51N nuvistors.
- Fully balanced circuit topology.
- Inputs (12 total) and balanced and unbalanced outputs.
- Very high precision balanced volume control.
- All-metal construction.
- Frequency response of 5-30,000 Hz (cutoffs at -0.5 dB).
- Signal to noise ratio greater than 118 dB.
- Separation between channels greater than 105 dB between 20 and 20,000 Hz.
- Audio block dimensions: 483×187.7×491 mm (W x H x D).
- Audio block weight: 22 kg.
- Power supply dimensions: 483×187.7×475 mm (W x H x D).
- Power supply weight: 25 kg.