The Japanese company presents one more year a limited edition of its iconic ATH-M50xIB and ATH-M50xBT2IB
Audio-Technica, a world leader in audio technology for professional and personal use, has joined the bold Mermaidcore trend with its new ATH-M50xIB professional monitor and ATH-M50xBT2IB wireless headphones.
This new trend, driven by the premiere of the live-action The Little Mermaid, starring Halle Bailey, has brought these mythological beings back to life, and turquoise, purple, pearly, and brilliant tones have flooded the streets, from the most magical make-up to technological gadgets.
Since 2012, Audio-Technica has created limited-edition colorways of the ATH-M50 and ATH-M50x headphones, with this year’s models available in Ice Blue. Chosen by 36% of Audio-Technica fans worldwide in an online vote, this limited edition finish is the latest special color to join the legendary M50x range.
As the most critically acclaimed model in the M Series range, the ATH-M50 is praised by top audio engineers and pro audio critics year after year. With their large-aperture drivers, sound-isolating ear cups, and robust construction, the ATH-M50xIB headphones offer the most demanding audio professionals an unrivaled experience.
The ATH-M50xBT2 headphones use Bluetooth wireless technology and offer the same studio-quality sound in a wireless package. The M50xBT2 headphones provide an exhilarating listening experience, exceptional clarity, deep, accurate bass response, and 50 hours of playback on a single charge. If users desire, there’s even the option to adjust the headphone’s equalizer settings in the Audio-Technica Connect app.
- Critically acclaimed performance.
- Patented 45mm large-aperture drivers.
- Wide range of frequencies with exceptional audio clarity.
- 90° rotatable earcups for easy one-ear monitoring.
- A padded headband and ear cushions for comfort in extended use.
- Foldable body for easy transport.
- Three detachable cables.
Features of the ATH-M50xBT2IB
- Wireless headphones with up to 50 hours of continuous use on a full charge and up to 3 hours on a 10-minute quick charge (via USB-C connection).
- Proprietary 45mm large-aperture drivers and dedicated amplifier deliver exceptional clarity across an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response.
- Low latency mode.
- Premium quality audio components, including an AK4331 Advanced Audio DAC and a dedicated internal headphone amplifier.
- Dual microphones and beamforming technology ensure crystal-clear call quality.
- Sidetone circuitry allows users to hear their voice in the headset when making calls on most smartphones.
- The microphone can be muted at the push of a button.
- Multi-point pairing function.
- Buttons integrated into the earcup for easy control and access to the voice assistant (Amazon Alexa built-in, Google Assistant, Siri).
- Google Fast Pair lets users quickly pair the headphones with an Android smartphone or other device.
- The A-T Connect app gives users additional control.
- Supports high-quality LDAC and AAC codecs.
- Over-ear design for excellent sound isolation in noisy environments.
- Professional quality ear pads and headband for durability and comfort.
- Includes a 1.2 m (3.9″) cable for optional wired connection.
The ATH-M50xIB model has an RRP of €189, and the ATH-M50xBT2IB has an RRP of €219.