A new Ring Video Doorbell appears to be arriving. It is the Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Pro 2 with 3D motion detection. This is evident from an article page of the Canadian store Best Buy that seems to have been put online too early.
Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Pro 2
It is a smart doorbell that works via WiFi. According to the page, that was spotted by ZatzNotFunny, the device is 324.99 Canadian dollars (210 euros) and will start pre-order on March 31, 2021. Product news and products from Ring seem to be succeeding each other at a rapid pace. A new wired doorbell and the option of Amazon’s smart assistant were recently announced Alexa to be used in combination with Ring smart products.
However, Ring does offer innovation in its new product. This is how this new Ring video doorbell get video quality higher than 1080p for the first time. He would achieve a quality of 1536p with ‘head to toe’ visibility. This way you can see your visitor clearly and completely. This is not only useful for visitors, but also for parcel deliverers who are inclined to simply leave a parcel at the door. Ring is not the first with that, because that was Arlo’s Video Doorbell at the end of 2019.
Above, a comparison of the Ring Video Doorbell Pro (left) and the Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Pro 2 (right). The new variant is slightly wider and shorter, with a lighter Ring logo at the bottom. The description of Best Buy is as follows:
Help keep your home safe and secure with the Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Pro 2. Equipped with HD video, 3D motion detection and two-way calling, you can monitor your home and see and speak to those who approach your door. It even has built-in Alexa greetings that will easily answer the door for you.
- 1536p HD video with extended top-to-toe view (Heat to Toe View) that lets you clearly see who is at your door
- HD two-way conversations possible, including quick responses that allow you to talk to and hear visitors
- 3D motion detection that recognizes movement in and around your house
- Built-in Alexa greetings that answer the doorbell for you to save you time
- Customizable privacy settings to keep your data safe
- Extensive motion settings and pre-roll video further expand the possibilities of the doorbell
Although the page looks very compelling, it is of course up to Ring to announce the product itself so that we know exactly what is true about this possible new innovation from the company.