After the spectacular success obtained by his system of active loudspeakers ultracompact with network connectivity 4305P, the veteran American company JBL has taken advantage of the 2023 edition of the Munich High-End contest to publicize a “decline” of the same intended for those who have more space for their musical reproduction equipment: the 4329P. With an unmistakable aesthetic that connects with that of the Californian brand’s celebrated Studio Monitor range, this versatile and refined proposal stands out for its combination of flexibility and technology electroacoustic “pro” that it brings to the demanding fan in terms of sound realism, but that flees from formal complexities.
Constructed from 19mm thick MDF panels and finished in the beautiful natural wood (walnut) finish that characterizes JBL’s most exclusive speaker system families, each of the two cabinets that make up the 4329P uses one with bass-reflex acoustic figuration (with double front port) with 2 ways and 2 speakers fully developed by the Californian firm, specifically a tweeter 2409H with 25mm Teonex diaphragm, loaded in a sophisticated horn high dispersion with HDI geometry, and a mid-woofer with 203mm black pulp cone, cast chassis, ventilated magnetic motor and aluminum stabilizer ring.
Regarding the electronic part, the list of virtues of the 4329P is spectacular, with separate amplifiers for the transducers of each box (600 W in total) and continuing with the integration of a “Hi-Res” streamer that allows access to a wide range of music content thanks to its compatibility with Google Chromecast, Apple AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth 5.3. A D/A conversion chip with 24-bit/192 kHz technology ensures, together with precise management via DSP, a robust transmission of a broad spectrum of audio coding (DSD included), being possible both through a physical, digital link (up to 24-bit/192 kHz) and wireless (up to 24-bit/96 kHz). The 4329P is Roon, Readycomplete with an analog input with XLR/TRS (¼”) connectors and an input sensitivity selection switch to handle balanced and unbalanced signals.
- A 2-way/2-speaker active bass-reflex system with network connectivity.
- Formed by a primary acoustic box and a secondary acoustic box.
- Teonex, 25mm speaker, loaded HDI dome tweeter from JBL.
- Mid/bass speaker with 203mm black paper pulp cone.
- Total internal amplification power of 300 W RMS for each enclosure.
- MDF paneled enclosure finished in real wood veneers.
- 2 front emission bass-reflex ports.
- Possibility of connecting the set with or without cable.
- “Hi-Res” streaming up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
- Compatible with DSD files (via PCM).
- Compatible with Google Chromecast, Apple AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth 5.3.
- XLR/TRS analog input (¼”) with sensitivity selector.
- Optical digital inputs and asynchronous USB-B.
- Output for the subwoofer.
- System management via DSP.
- Roon Tested.
- Control via remote control or via the MusicLife app.
- Frequency response of 28-25,000 Hz (cutoffs at -6 dB).
- Dimensions: 320×515’5×322 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 15.7 kg for the primary speaker and 15.6 kg for the secondary speaker.