Zesto Audio is proud to announce the launch of the new Andros Spirit Phonostage and to be one of the only manufacturers to offer a 100% analog phonostage at this price. You will receive the same quality and sonic excellence that you would expect from any Zesto product, hence the name Andros Spirit.
Zesto Audio has a long history of producing award-winning Phonostages since the company launched the original Andros PS1 Phonostage in 2010.
George Counnas, founder and chief design engineer at Zesto Audio, says: “I designed the Spirit to retain only the essential features of its predecessors while still delivering the signature Zesto Audio sound.” “George admits how difficult it is to design a high-quality product that sounds good at a lower price.”
New line – New chassis design
The new full-size enclosure design represents the new Spirit product line in development at Zesto Audio. The Spirit is made from 16 gauge steel for better grounding and to help isolate electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment. Carolyn Counnas, vice president and industrial designer at Zesto Audio, says, “I wanted our customers to feel like they had been personally invited into the inner sanctum of tube electronics, solder joints and all. I am fascinated by the LED-illuminated tubes that add sensual experience to the listening pleasure.”
Unique security feature
The Spirit has a unique component called a safety switch. George says: “I was inspired by the old Telefunken radios of the 50s and 60s, which used a safety switch to discharge the high voltage. I included this feature for added security when changing cameras.”
Key features of the new Spirit
- Available in 2 versions only MM or MM/MC
- Standard MM units can be easily upgraded to MM/MC
- 100% analog tube circuits without solid state devices in the signal path because tubes are inherently more musical.
- The tube complement is a quartet of 12AX7, which provides sufficient gain with minimal noise.
- Safety switch to discharge high voltage for your greater safety when changing valves.
- Built-in robust ESP toroidal power supply for better dynamic range and lower noise.
- High-quality integrated MC step-up transformers are designed for better phase linearity. This results in a better stereo image.
- Three of the most popular charging positions are 100, 250, and 500, so you can choose the one that best suits your pod.
- Easily adjustable MC “Charge on the fly” without clicks or pops so you can hear the change.
- The entire MC load is on the secondary of the MC step-up transformer. This allows all the delicate signals from the capsule to pass to the primary circuits for maximum musical detail.
- Dual mono circuitry creates better stereo separation.
- All switches and knobs are easy to access, with nothing hidden inside to adjust.
- Sleek full-size design 16 gauge steel chassis for better grounding and to help isolate electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment.
- Illuminated valves for a more sensual musical experience.
- Each unit is hand-built and “Made in the USA.”
- 50-hour factory burn-in on all vacuum circuits and valves.