Pro-Ject MaiA DS3 Stereo Integrated Amplifier with DAC
The MaiA DS3 is the answer for all those looking for a versatile stereo integrated amplifier and brimming with power that can also cover all your needs in terms of connectivity. Nail compact dimensions that are deceptive in terms of benefits offered are the prelude to electronics that substantially improves a great Pro-Ject classic. Thus, the new MaiA includes a total of nine inningsincluding a phono compatible with moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) cartridges, four digital (one coaxial, two optical and one USB) so that the user can fully exploit the DAC functionality built-in and a Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD compatible.
Even more interesting for lovers of sound with capital letters is the improvement made in the power amplifier sectionwhich, thanks to a double monophonic circuit topology executed with audiophile grade components and very low background noise, it delivers 80 continuous watts per channel into 8 ohms or 140 continuous watts per channel into 4 ohms, both figures that ensure a compatibility without complexes with a wide range of acoustic boxes. Pro-Ject’s new integrated amplifier also includes a dedicated output for subwoofer, a entrance exit for 12 V continuous trigger signal and a headphone output high power -2×430 mW at 32 ohms- for 6.3 mm plug, as well as a set of fixed level line outputs and another with variable level in case you want to add sound to other rooms.
From the DAC section, it is worth noting especially the use of a D/A conversion chip with Delta-Sigma architecture and 32-bit/192 kHz PCM1795DB technology from the US Texas Instrumentss, which enables the MaiA DS3 to play not only files encoded in PCM up to 24-bit/192 kHz, but also in DSD (up to DSD256). Finally, we must highlight the MaiA’s thick aluminum construction (with the optional possibility of adding wooden side panels) that protect it against potential electromagnetic interference and, as always with Pro-Ject, which is handmade in europe.
- Integrated stereo amplifier with built-in DAC section.
- Exceptional quality/price ratio.
- Executed with audiophile grade components.
- Double monophonic circuit topology.
- Phono circuitry compatible with MM and MC cartridges.
- Gain of 40 dB for MM capsules and 60 dB for MC capsules.
- Input sensitivity of 47 kohms in MM and 100 ohms in MC.
- High-precision D/A conversion with 32-bit/192 kHz technology.
- Headphone output with dedicated high power amplifier.
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity compatible with aptX HD.
- 9 analog and digital inputs; Dedicated output for subwoofer.
- Supports PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz and DSD up to DSD256.
- Output power 2x80W RMS into 8 ohms/2x140W RMS into 4 ohms.
- Frequency response of 20-20,000 Hz, +/-0.3 dB.
- Signal to noise ratio of 97 dB at 1 kHz.
- All-metal construction; optional wooden side panels.
- Handmade in Europe.
- Dimensions: 206x71x240 mm (WxHxD).
- Weight: 1.85 kg (without power supply).