Boulder is pleased to announce the new 861 Stereo Power Amplifier. At 50W, this amplifier outperforms others in its category. The 861s will continue to provide the performance and build quality Boulder is known for while promoting what Boulder can achieve with its size and design. It will work well as a standalone product and will be an attractive combination with the 812 DAC.
There is a solution for those living in smaller spaces, those with efficient systems, or those who like the 866 integrated amplifiers sonically but prefer separate components. The 861 stereo power amplifier meets all of these requirements. The 861, the newest addition to the 800 series, is exactly the same size as the 812 DAC preamp, making it visually and sonically attractive. All boards and chassis are still manufactured at the dedicated Boulder facility in Colorado. You get high performance, experience, and craftsmanship in one package
The 861 is Boulder’s first amplifier, far exceeding those in its category. Do not you believe it? It would be best if you listened for yourself.
- 75W max power per channel into 8 ohms, 110W max power into 4 ohms, 200W max power into 2 ohms.
- The new protection circuitry allows the 861 to deliver higher current at maximum output without fear of damaging the amplifier’s electronics.
- The space-saving design is the same size (width and depth) as the 812 DAC preamp.
- Improvements in in-house manufacturing efficiency have made the 861 an incredible value compared to previous amplifiers.
- Smaller cardboard packaging means easier transportation, unpacking, and installation.
- In addition to assembly and testing, every circuit board and metal part is produced in-house at the dedicated Boulder facility to ensure unparalleled quality.
- Connectors with traditional 0.25″ (6mm) Boulder thumbscrews are included for secure speaker cable connections and optimal sound quality.
- IP control and HTML page on the network.
- Software updates for internal control and housekeeping systems are available as needed with automated online downloads or manual installation on the USB port.