Boulder 812 Dac, PREAMPLIFIER, HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
Building on the worldwide success of the 866, Boulder has expanded the 800 series with the 812 headphone amplifier, preamp, and DAC.
By applying the 866’s design philosophy and over 35 years of experience designing DACs, preamps, and amplifier circuits, you get a device that has top-of-the-line performance and precision. Plus the quality and reliability you’d expect from a Boulder product, in a refined package.
The 812 is Boulder’s first headphone amp, and they haven’t held back. It has a sophisticated separate headphone amplifier circuit, four types of connections, and headphone sensitivity adjustments within the Boulder Controller app. With 200mw into 8 ohms and 80mw into 600 ohms, the amp section on the 812 will drive any headphone or multiple headphones at once. It’s a headphone enthusiast’s dream come true.
It can be used alone as a preamp, DAC, headphone amp, or any combination of the three. With all the features and its versatility, the 812 is perhaps the highest value product Boulder has ever produced.
The 812 is something for long-time Boulder fans, headphone enthusiasts, or someone starting their first Boulder system. They have created something accessible and multifunctional that could fit into any sound system or become the system itself. The 812 accomplishes that.
- Sophisticated headphone amplifier. Supports 1/8″ mini, 1/4″, balanced 4-pin and Pentaconn headphones.
- Streaming capabilities, Roon terminal, UPnP playback, Air-Play and Bluetooth functionality.
- A software-enabled fixed DAC output option.
- A dedicated Boulder app controls the 812 and makes custom settings such as headphone sensitivity. Optional RF remote control for volume control and switching of inputs also available.
- Two pairs of balanced analog inputs. One pair of balanced analog outputs. Two optical Toslink inputs, one coaxial input and one USB-B input.
- Along with assembly and testing, every circuit board and metal part is produced in-house at dedicated Boulder facilities to ensure unparalleled quality.
- Improvements in in-house manufacturing efficiency have made the 812 an incredible value compared to previous preamps and DACs.
- Stylish headphone bay cover to keep dust out of headphone jacks.
- Easily switch between headphone and preamp mode with the output swap button.