With the Powernode Edge, Bluesound wants to transform every room into a room with hi-fi sound. The company also simply speaks of ‘Just add speakers’. Add speakers to Bluesound’s Powernode Edge and your hi-fi system is ready for the modern age.
The Powernode Edge features a 2×40 watt DirectDigital amplifier with which you can play hi-res audio up to 24-bit/192kHz. There is also support for MQA. This modern streamer is of course equipped with all modern conveniences. Via the BluOS Controller app you have direct access to twenty integrated music services, your own personal library, WiFi connection or Ethernet or play music from an external USB device. AirPlay 2 is built in for the Apple users. Use aptX HD Bluetooth or use the HDMI eARC connection for your television or turntable.
You can also access multi-room audio via BlueOS. You can add other speakers or, for example, a subwoofer.
Bluesound Powernode Edge features
- DirectDigital™ Amplifier Platform
- 40 Watts Per Channel Into 8 Ohms
- Quad-Core 1.8GHz ARM® Cortex™ A53 Processor
- HDMI eARC, Optical & Analog Audio Inputs
- BluOS™ Wireless Multi-Room Music Capability
- App Control with Adjustable Audio Settings
- MQA Music And Hi-Res Audio Streaming
- Airplay 2 Integration
- Works With Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri
- Dual Band Wi-Fi + Gigabit Ethernet
- Two-Way aptX™ HD Bluetooth
- Wireless Headphone Output
- Wired & Wireless Subwoofer Output
- IR Remote Learning Capability
- Front Panel Touch Controls
- Compact 1U Form Factor
- Easy Four-Way Mounting System
- Black Or White Finish
Price and availability
The Bluesound Powernode Edge will be available at the beginning of October for 699 euros.