Audio-Technica ATH-WB2022: new high-fidelity wireless headphones
A studio experience on the move
Joining a new lineup of products to celebrate Audio-Technica’s 60th anniversary, the new ATH-WB2022 are Audio-Technica’s first wireless headphones to feature wooden shells for a superior audio experience.
Featuring a newly designed 45mm HD transducer, the ATH-WB2022 are capable of reproducing recording studio quality anywhere, immersing the user in an unrivaled soundscape. LDAC codec support delivers high-resolution sound with a wide frequency range (AAC and SBC codecs are also supported).
The ATH-WB2022 introduces truly independent left/right balance for the first time, with separate drums on each channel. In this way, a maximum level of sound separation is achieved that is not affected by interference or crosstalk. Two audiophile-grade ESS DAC ES9038Q2M digital-to-analog converters further enhance the acoustics, far exceeding expectations for wireless headphones.
With a single charge you can enjoy up to 9 hours of high-fidelity audio, while with the USB connection you can continue listening even if the batteries die. After 5 minutes without being connected to a device, the power automatically turns off to save battery power.
The internal components of the ATH-WB2022 go hand in hand with its attractive design. The wooden shells not only set the ATH-WB2022 apart from the rest, but also help absorb vibrations for a better listening experience.
Combining practical durability with a fashionable aesthetic, Alcantara upholstery also provides a high-end tactile experience. This material offers a smooth texture and elegant appearance, as well as being a sustainable alternative to traditional materials.
Each unit of the ATH-WB2022 comes in a robust designer case, made in collaboration with Zero Halliburton, which has its own prestigious history of transporting valuable cargo, including moon rocks from Apollo 11.
- Audio-Technica’s first wooden wireless headphones, developed to commemorate the company’s 60th anniversary.
- Shells, made from a combination of solid flame maple, walnut and mahogany woods, have excellent acoustic properties and absorb vibrations for pure sound performance
- The shells have separate acoustic and electrical chambers to optimize the acoustic properties of the wood.
- Specially designed 45mm HD driver, with high-performance magnetic circuitry and a DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon)-coated diaphragm, provides a rich, clear listening experience
- World’s first wireless headphones with a fully balanced audio output system Independent DACs, op-amps and batteries on left and right channels for excellent channel separation
- They are equipped with two ESS DAC ES9038Q2M digital-to-analog converters (one on each channel), highly appreciated by audiophiles for delivering truly immersive, high-resolution audio.
- The MUSES05 chip from Nisshinbo Micro Devices, the most distinctive among op amps, is used.
- Supports playback of 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution sound sources via wireless or USB connection
- Compatible with high quality LDAC and AAC codecs.
- 10mm diameter condenser microphone ensures crystal clear audio on calls
- Up to 9 hours of continuous use on a full charge
- The multipoint pairing feature allows you to be connected to two Bluetooth devices at the same time.
- Built-in buttons on the ear cups allow easy control of music playback, volume, microphone mute and voice assistant functions
- The AT Connect app gives you additional control: you can activate low latency mode, adjust the equalizer and save the setting to the headphones, select one of four optimized volume levels, change codecs, and more.
- Premium, sustainable Alcantara ear cushions and headband offer maximum comfort in both hot and cold environments*
- Includes two 1.5m 6N-OFC audio quality cables: a USB-C to USB-A cable and a USB-C to USB-C cable
- Stylish and robust carrying case made in collaboration with Zero Halliburton
- Exclusive product: only a limited number of units are available worldwide
The Audio-Technica ATH-WB2022 will be available in early 2023 at retail price of €3,000.