Audio-Technica ATH-W2022: New Limited Edition Wooden Closed Dynamic Headphones
Audio Technica, A global leader in professional and personal audio technology, introduces the new ATH-W2022 closed dynamic wooden headphones to celebrate its 60th anniversary and 25 years of craftsmanship in wooden headphones.
Honoring the brand’s longstanding commitment to analog audio, the ATH-W2022 is made entirely in Japan, blending technological innovation with traditional craftsmanship to create a timeless model of refined elegance. Using the Japanese maki-e lacquer technique, the headphone casing features hand-painted Sakura (cherry blossoms) and phoenix hou-ou, with mother-of-pearl on the left and right sides respectively.
Inside the exquisite housings are the 58mm drivers integrated into the earphone, specially developed and optimized for this new model. In addition, the diaphragm is composed of a 0.03mm thick pressed pure titanium center dome, emphasizing mid-high range audio reproduction with excellent high-frequency response.
Audio-Technica President Kazuo Matsushitahas pointed out: “It is an honor to offer a quality audio experience to millions of people around the world. What begins as a simple vibration – a subtle movement – gives way to an emotional connection, whether it’s listening deeply to a record or sharing your voice with the world.”
- Includes a commemorative 60th anniversary wooden case, with a Kiso cypress top to complement the headphones’ irimoya style
- Shells made from Mizume (Japanese birch) and finished with traditional urushi lacquer for pure sound quality with natural reverberation
- Sakura (cherry blossom) and phoenix hou-ou designs are hand-painted on the cases using the Japanese maki-e lacquer technique.
- 58mm drivers built into the headphone specially developed for this model and optimized for closed-back headphones, offering incredibly fast response to input signal.
- Innovative Core Mount Technology, adopted from the ATH-ADX5000, places the driver unit in an optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
- New magnetic circuit design incorporates a pole and yoke constructed from pure iron plates laminated to reduce back electromotive force (back EFM)
- The center diaphragm dome is made of 0.03mm thick pure titanium for exceptional mid-high range reproduction with excellent high frequency characteristics
- Ear pads and headband are made from deerskin for durability and comfort
- Includes two detachable 3.0m fabric-wrapped cables (with A2DC connectors on the headphones) made of DUCC (7N Ultra Crystallized Copper): one with a 6.3mm gold-plated stereo plug and the other with a balanced XLRM connector 4 pin
The Audio-Technica ATH-W2022 headphones will be available for purchase this winter with a MSRP of 10,000 euros. There will only be 100 units available worldwide and they will be numbered from 1 to 100.