Audio-Technica Introduces AT-LP2022, a Transparent Limited Edition Turntable
60 years of sound perfection
To celebrate 60 years of providing high-quality audio products to the world, Audio-Technica has introduced the stylish AT-LP2022 turntable. With only 3,000 units available worldwidethe LP2022 is a collector’s item for audio lovers and the limited edition Shibata stylus that accompanies each turntable ensures that it will be a valuable addition to any audiophile’s collection.
A sleek 30mm thick clear acrylic chassis reduces resonance and exposes the belt drive motor, bringing out the analog sound of the turntable. As a high-end model, the AT-LP2022 features a pure phono level output that can be connected to either a phono input or a dedicated phono preamplifier.
The internal motor, visible through the striking acrylic, is controlled by a sensor that causes the LP2022 to maintain a precise and constant rotation speed of 33-1/3 or 45 rpm. Combined with highly insulated, height-adjustable feet, it provides the ideal platform for your favorite albums.
The fruit of 60 years of phono cartridge development, the clear-body Shibata stylus installed in the AT-VM95 cartridge can pick up ultra-high frequencies that unlock unprecedented sound. In addition, the adjustable VTA (vertical tracking angle) and dynamic anti-skate control on the carbon fiber arm ensure that the turntable can be used with alternative cartridge heights and weights.
On the occasion of the launch of the AT-LP2022, the President of Audio-Technica Corporation, Kazuo Matsushita, said: “It is an honor to be able to provide a quality audio experience to millions of people around the world. What starts as a simple vibration – a subtle movement – gives rise to an emotional connection, whether it’s listening intensely to an album or sharing your voice with the world.”
- Limited edition turntables to celebrate Audio-Technica’s 60th anniversary
- Only 3,000 units of the AT-LP2022 will go on sale
- Each AT-LP2022 has a unique serial number
- Includes a 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus, plus a limited edition clear barrel Shibata stylus
- Fully manual, belt-drive operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 rpm
- The motor is equipped with a speed control system to keep the rotation speed of the platter constant with great precision.
- Carbon fiber tonearm with metal base and tonearm riser, and VTA (vertical tracking angle) adjustment
- 30mm thick chassis made of high-density, low-resonance clear acrylic
- Clear acrylic platter for stable rotation
- Adjustable dynamic anti-skating control
- Exclusive feet design with great isolation and height adjustable
- AC adapter performs AC/DC conversion outside the rack to reduce noise in the signal chain
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45rpm adapter, and removable hinged dust cover
The Audio-Technica AT-LP2022 will be available from November 1, 2022 at MSRP of €1,199.