Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000 portable digital audio player
The new absolute reference in portable audio. Signed by the charismatic South Korean firm Astell&Kern, a world leader in the field, the A&ultima SP3000 is a small jewel of technology that also happens to be the first product of its kind with a body made of 904L stainless steel, that is, the same as used in the manufacture of high-end wristwatches. The perfect fusion of innovation and luxury, the brand’s new flagship portable player is an exquisite blend of form and function that redefines what’s possible in portable players. Thus, the A&ultima SP3000 is the first embodiment of its category to include duplicate audio circuitry, ie complete separation of balanced and unbalanced outputs, in order to achieve the purest sound reproduction possible.
It is also the first to use Japan’s Asahi Kasei’s new reference AK4499EX D/A conversion “chip” in an elaborate topology called HEXA, which separates digital from analog signal processing. Of the new Astell&Kern we must also highlight the presence of a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 6125 8-core processor and support for “Hi-Res” aptX-HD and LDAC wireless streaming, to which is added compatibility with PCM encoded files up to 32 bits/768 kHz, DSD up to DSD512 and MQA. Approved Roon Ready, the A&ultima SP3000 incorporates the exclusive ReplayGain scheme, which allows the user to always maintain the same volume level during listening, thus avoiding annoying signal peaks and drops.
All this is completed by exceptional power and comfort thanks to the combination of a crown control that mimics that of wristwatches, a new 5’46” high definition display screen and a state-of-the-art user interface, qualities that also allow this sensational portable player to become the main source of a Hi-Fi system of the highest level. Another exclusive engineering element of the South Korean firm, TERATON ALPHA technology, has been further refined for the A&ultima SP3000 in order to achieve the ultimate in reducing power supply noise and maximizing power supply efficiency and of the amplification circuitry. Finally, let us point out that this fabulous portable player is supplied as standard with a high-quality leather case made by ALRAN, a renowned French specialist in the field since 1903.
- Absolute reference “Hi-Res” portable audio player.
- Body made of watchmaking quality stainless steel (904L).
- Duplicated audio circuits for balanced and unbalanced signal.
- Equipped with 4 reference AK4499EX D/A conversion chips.
- Replay Gain function exclusive to Astell&Kern.
- Compatible PCM up to 32bit/768kHz, DSD up to DSD512 and MQA).
- HEXA technology to separate digital from analog signal processing.
- Astell&Kern exclusive TERATON ALPHA technology improved.
- Printed circuit board with optimized signal paths.
- Wireless connectivity “Hi-Res” aptX-HD and LDAC via Bluetooth 5.0.
- Balanced (2) and unbalanced (1) headphone outputs.
- Optical digital output.
- 256 GB internal memory (additional 1 TB via microSD card).
- System management via Qualcomm Snapdragon 8-core CPU.
- 5.46-inch (138 mm) “Full HD” touch screen.
- Supplied as standard with a high quality leather case.
- Frequency response of 20-70,000 Hz, +/-0.031 dB (balanced mode).
- Crosstalk of -145 dB at 1 kHz (balanced mode).
- Signal to noise ratio of 136 dB at 1 kHz (balanced mode).
- Battery with 10 hours of autonomy (FLAC at 16 bits/44.1 kHz).
- Dimensions: 82’4×139’4×18’3 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 493g.